Preble Street has never closed its doors and never will.
Preble Street is home to hundreds of people each day, and we are here to see them through the COVID-19 crisis. As much as ever, your support saves lives.
Here’s how you can help!
Share the message
The people we serve are among the most vulnerable and immunocompromised in our community. Spread the word to friends, family, and community members about these ways to help save lives!
- Share this page — preblestreet.org/covid — with a note about how to help vulnerable Mainers
- Click here to download and share the graphic above
- Share, like, and comment on @PrebleStreet COVID-19 response posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Click here to sign up for our Action Alerts and stay updated on opportunities to get involved
We depend on the community to keep us going — especially in a time of crisis. Every dollar donated to Preble Street equals the buying power of seven pounds of food. Donations are needed to cover staffing, equipment, and overhead costs.
>>> CLICK HERE TO DONATE <<<
Now as much as ever, Preble Street needs your helping hands to provide needed emergency services. The following programs have urgent needs:
- Soup Kitchens — prepare and distribute meals at the Resource Center, Teen Center, and Florence House
- Food Pantry — set up, sort, and distribute emergency boxes of food
>>> CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP <<<
Read how we are protecting the safety of volunteers, clients, and staff here.
Sign up to work
A range of essential direct service positions are available — including many overnight shifts. Through Saturday, June 13 all essential on-site hourly employees will earn time and a half for any hours worked on-site in the following programs: Wellness Shelter (temporary), Joe Kreisler Teen Shelter, Teen Center, Florence House, Logan Place, Huston Commons, Resource Center, Food Programs.
>>> CLICK HERE TO APPLY <<<