Work at Preble Street
Do you want to be a member of a diverse team of professional, compassionate, and innovative agents of change working to end homelessness, hunger, and poverty in Maine? If so, Preble Street may be the place for you.
Everything we do is guided by our mission. To meet the needs of Maine’s most vulnerable people, Preble Street has evolved and grown considerably since its inception, but the commitment to that mission has never wavered: it continues to direct the work of every team member at every level and in every program.
It’s hard work, and at Preble Street we’re all in it together.
Preble Street offers opportunities for meaningful, rewarding employment with competitive compensation, including top-tier insurance, a retirement plan, ample paid time off, and other benefits.
- A choice of two health insurance plans, provided at either no cost to the employee or minimal cost, depending on the plan selected
- Dental insurance is provided at no cost to the employee, and dependents can be enrolled at minimal cost
- Each employee is provided with a no-cost policy for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- A Section 403(B) retirement plan is available, which allows for tax-deferred savings, including a partial employer match. Employees are fully vested from day one
- Full-time employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation time and 12 days of sick time per year, in addition to 2 days of personal time and 12 paid holidays
READY TO APPLY?
Please note: Automatically-generated confirmations of receipt will be sent in response to applications sent via email. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be otherwise contacted.
Preble Street is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, military status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all of Preble Street’s hiring practices, and to all terms and conditions of employment.