“I want to offer a sincere thank you to this caring community for your support of Preble Street during this public health crisis. Because of you, we’ve achieved amazing things over the last several months. Please watch to learn how your support has kept people fed, safe, healthy, and loved and is helping us revolutionize our services.
- Preble Street is currently feeding more people than ever before and is on track to provide over 1,000,000 meals this year
- We opened a Quarantine Shelter for New Mainers and people experiencing homelessness who test positive for the coronavirus
- We ran a 50-bed Wellness Shelter at the USM Sullivan Gym and are planning to open a permanent Wellness Shelter as soon as possible
- We’ve continued to provide casework and shelter to teens and helped 16 youth find permanent housing since March
- Preble Street Veterans Housing Services is providing Emergency Housing Assistance to veterans and their families across the state of Maine — up to 70 families each and every night