Preble Street runs 14 programs meeting urgent needs, empowering people to move beyond crises, and advocating for solutions to homelessness, hunger, and poverty.
One of those vital programs is the Resource Center:
- Serves 350 people every day
- 25 full-time and 25 part-time staff
- Meets basic needs including food, clothing, bathrooms, showers, laundry, mail, storage, and day shelter
- Provides assistance with housing and jobs, benefits, and health concerns, as well as supportive counseling and referrals for substance use disorder treatment
- The only place in Portland where a person can walk in and get casework assistance without a diagnosis or insurance
- And so much more—click here for a graphic providing a snapshot of all that goes on in this space, and here for an in-depth profile