If you participate in SNAP, here is what you need to know while the federal government is partially shutdown.
- February SNAP benefits are being issued in January.
- Your SNAP benefits for February will be added to your EBT card on January 17, 2019.
- These are February SNAP funds and there will not be another deposit until March.
- You can continue to use your EBT card as normal at any authorized retailer.
- If you need to apply for SNAP or need to recertify, you can still do this after January 17 — new SNAP applications and recertification will continue to be processed and we advise you to do this as early as possible.
If you need emergency help locating food, call 2-1-1 or visit www.211.org for a listing of nearby food pantries and soup kitchens.